Dr. Gary Long’s Rope Bat Hitting System™ is serious training for baseball and softball players to identify and correct swing problems, while also increasing bat speed.
Helpful Suggestions To Begin Using Your Rope Bat™
1. Finding The Right Size
Identify the right Rope Bat™ Swing Trainer for the hitter, generally based on size and age. To find out the correct length for your hitter simply find the sweet spot of the hitters’ real bat and match it with the center of the Rope Bat Swing Trainer’s barrel.
• The Rope Bat Swing Trainer™ 33, for adults, is 33 inches long. This is about right for the “sweet spot” of a 32 or 33 inch bat.
• The Rope Bat™ Jr Swing Trainer 27, for children ages 4 to 10, is 27 inches long. It can also be used very effectively for one hand drills.
2. Adjusting The Length Of The Swing Trainer
Adjust the length of the Swing Trainer to what is best for the size and age of the hitter if necessary.
• In the beginning, we recommend that the length of your Rope Bat™ Swing Trainer be a little shorter; up to six inches shorter than the real bat.
• As the hitter learns how to use it, gradually increase the length to match the player’s sweet spot exactly.
3. Batter Up!
Start practicing with your Swing Trainer, then repeat the same reps with a real bat.
• Send us a video of how your are doing for our free review or put it up on our Rope Bat™ Facebook page.
• Watch for our “Show Us Your Best Contest” where you can get votes and win prizes and recognition in our annual All Stars Hitters.
Coach-to-Coach Tip From Dr. Gary Long
Get them warmed-up, not worn out! Don’t forget to have your players use Rope Bat™ to swing in the on deck circle.
The Rope Bat™ Hitting System is for Little League® players, amateurs, professionals and their baseball and softball coaches. It helps the coach, or parent, correct common problems with the hitter’s swing. Once their swing is perfected with the Rope Bat™, it quickly transfers to the hitter’s swing using a real bat. The Rope Bat™will give your hitters the confidence to square up with authority, consistency, speed, and real power.
Our goal is to make it easy for any age hitter to make a round bat, hit a round ball . . . , squarely — the most difficult thing to do in any sport! And it’s really just that simple.