How The Rope Bat™ Works
With every swing of The Rope Bat™, the hitter must predict his or her motion correctly and swing with enough power to create the tension needed to force the bat barrel to the end of the rope to hit the ball squarely. This same connected motion, correct velocity and rotational acceleration is required for the perfect swing with a real bat.
When you first begin swinging your Rope Bat™, swing slowly, until you understand how to finish the swing without hitting yourself. More about this is in our instructional video, located in our Video Gallery.
How to Choose the Right Size Rope Bat™
The Rope Bat™ Swing Trainer 33 is about right for the “sweet spot” of a 32 or 33 inch bat. It can also be adjusted easily from the standard 33 inches, to what is best for the size and age of the hitter.
To find out the correct length for your hitter simply find the sweet spot of the hitters’ real bat and match it with the center of the Rope Bat™ Swing Trainer’s barrel. Use this link to help you determine the “sweet spot” of a bat. In the beginning, we recommend that the length of your Rope Bat™ Swing Trainer be a little shorter; up to six inches shorter than the real bat. As the hitter learns how to use it, gradually increase the length to match the player’s sweet spot exactly.
Benefits of Dr. Long’s Rope Bat™ Hitting System
- Builds confidence and power
- Can be used with beginners, amateurs and professionals
- Can be used to hit balls off a tee, soft toss from the side, underhand or overhand from in front
- Self instructional so the coach doesn’t have to be everywhere at the same time
- Solves multiple mechanical problems to help batters connect, correct and perfect their swing
- Hitters cannot:
- Cast the bat or throw the barrel out too early
- Loop the bat, or drop the barrel below the plane of the pitch
- Hitch, or drop their hands before taking them to the ball
- Reduces hitter (and coach) frustration
- Adjustable length swing trainer to fit the age and size of the hitter
- Allows for self correcting
- Safer to use in training situations than regular bats
- Provides the batter the satisfaction of hitting the ball hard
- Swing learned with the Rope Bat Hitting System™ transfers quickly and easily to the hitter’s swing with a regular bat
- Can be used indoors or out
- Safe to use with those recovering from injury or stroke, special needs, etc.
We recommend that you review our Rope Bat™ Products to find the right Rope Bat™ to fit the needs for you or your hitters! If you have any questions, please call or use the email form on our Contact page and one of our team members will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Rope Bat™ Customer Review
The Rope Bat™ has been a great help for my son. It gives instant feedback and makes you swing correctly. It not only builds a great swing, it builds confidence. A great investment in any hitters future. Thanks Gary Long for your help and instruction.
– Gary Z.