The Rope Bat® is an incredibly effective and challenging swing trainer and hitting aid for softball and baseball that forces the user to swing with their body, not their arms and hands, just as MLB hitters do. Hitters may struggle at first because they have never had to swing using their body in a sequential kinesthetic chain which results in a connected, fluid swing. Because the Rope Bat® is flexible and not rigid like a real bat, hitters MUST connect their body to their arms and hands to correctly to hit the ball with authority. You have to take the “slack” out of the rope to get the 6 inch “sweet spot” to the ball consistently. Momentum and rotation are required to facilitate centrifugal force which increases bat speed exponentially. The instructional video on the website shows you step by step how to quickly learn the proper swing using the Rope Bat®.
The Rope Bat® does a great job of teaching “lag”, or letting the bat head stay behind the hands as long as possible as you rotate toward contact. The Rope Bat® also forces the hitter to get the barrel “on plane” early, or making the bat path come down, then level off through the hitting zone resulting in a line drive. The Rope Bat® is one size fits all. Youngsters who use a 26 inch bat to professionals who use a 34 inch bat can use the same Rope Bat®. By simply gripping the bat on the number that represents the length of their real bat, they place the “sweet spot” the correct distance from their hands to “feel” where contact should occur. The Rope Bat® forces the hitter to keep the hands well inside the ball and close to the body because they know they cannot hit the ball with the rope. The hitter receives instant feedback with each swing 3 different ways: They feel it, see it and hear it. They can literally teach themselves because of this feedback. The goal is to swing through the ball, not just hit the ball. A monkey can hit a ball…Google it and see. A monkey cannot make a smooth, connected swing using the entire body…but you can! The Rope Bat® is a valuable addition to batting practice. It makes learning a great swing much easier and transfers to the real bat quickly…and it’s FUN!
- Builds confidence, bat speed and power
- Can be used by beginners, amateurs and professionals
- Can be used to hit balls off a tee, soft toss from the side, underhand or overhand from in front
- Self-instructional so the coach doesn’t have to be everywhere at the same time
- Solves multiple mechanical problems to help batters connect, correct and perfect their swing
- Simplifies understanding and learning proper swing mechanics
- Hitters who use a 34 or 33 inch bat swing from the end, all others choke up to correct size indicated
- Promotes self-correcting
- Hitters cannot:
- Cast the bat or throw the barrel out too early
- Loop the bat, or drop the barrel below the plane of the pitch
- Hitch, or drop their hands before taking them to the ball
- Safer to use in training situations than regular bats, GREAT for instructional camps!
- Provides the batter the satisfaction of hitting the ball hard
- Swing learned with the Ultimate Rope Bat Hitting System™ transfers quickly and easily to the hitter’s swing with a regular bat
- Can be used indoors or out